Opportunities to Volunteer:
Check out our latest opportunities to volunteer. If you can't find the role for you below, please drop our volunteer manager an email at email@example.com for an informal chat about volunteering.
Beaver Scout Leaders
One of the biggest myths about Scouting is that Groups are closing down due to a lack of young people wanting to become Members. Nothing could be further from the truth; Scouting in the UK is a growing Movement and we currently have 30,000 young people on our waiting lists simply because we do not have enough adults to help out.
There are many reasons why adults choose to volunteer for Scouting. Here are some that existing volunteers have given:
- To give something back to the community: ‘I believe the young people get such a lot out of it; I just put a bit back for what they take out.’
- To support the Leaders: ‘They give so much, you’ve got to give some of that back.’
- Because volunteering is a ‘good thing’: ‘I just personally believe that you should always do some kind of voluntary work…otherwise nothing would get done in this world.’
- As an enabler, so the Leader can do more: ‘If I can help Sam, our Leader, out by doing the little things, then it means she has got more time to give the young people and then they get more out of it.’
- To spend more quality time with your child: ‘David used to go on his PlayStation2 while I read the paper after school and work – now we get a chance to do activities together.’
- To develop your own skills: ‘I hadn’t used a compass since I was a Scout. After I learned how to use one again, I take one out on family walks. We get lost less than we used to!’
- To enjoy and rediscover adventure for yourself: ‘We had a water fight at Beavers the other week, it was great!’
We'll help you find a role which fits around the time you have available to commit, just two hours a month can make a big difference to the lives of young people in the area. Please watch our short video on how flexible volunteering can fit around you.
An exciting opportunity to support our successful leader team in delivering activities for 6 to 8 year olds. There will be plenty of training and support to help you get the most our of this role. This role is for me
Cub Scout Leaders
An exciting opportunity to support our successful leader team in delivering activities for 8 to 10 year olds.
There will be plenty of training and support to help you get the most our of this role. This role is for me
An exciting opportunity to support our successful leader team in delivering activities for 10 to 14 year olds. There will be plenty of training and support to help you get the most out of this role. This role is for me
District Training Administrator
A great chance to work with and support adult volunteers in the district. As district training administrator you would support record keeping of training within the district and coordination of training opportunities. This role is for me
District Media Manager
Other Ways to Volunteer
Volunteering doesn't necessarily mean working with young people, there is a role for everyone. Are you a builder, an electrician, a van driver, or architect?
Then we have a role for you supporting the management of our groups' headquarters and an activity centre which we are looking to upgrade. If you can support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role is all about building the profile of scouting in the local area and working with groups to publicise their fantastic work. If you communicate well, or have an eye for a photo, then this is the role for you. There's plenty of training, ran by the Scout Association to help you maximise the message.
An exciting opportunity to think big in East Cleveland Scouts.
We're looking for someone who can coordinate events for beavers, cubs and scouts across the district growing the district event programme over time.