Become a Young Leader and see your potential develop....
What are Young Leaders?
The Young Leaders' Scheme is just one of the exciting programme elements in the Explorer Scout section. All leaders in the Beaver Scout, Cub Scout and Scout Section who are between the ages of 14 and 18 must be members of an Explorer Scout Young Leaders' Unit. They are Explorer Scouts who choose to devote a large proportion of their time in Scouting to service in another section.
To sign up to the Young Leader Unit email your name, address, DOB and group you are working with to:
Being a young leader also entitles you to take part in the Explorers programme.
What do I need to do?
You need to attend your weekly section meeting and work as part of the section Leadership team. This will involve lots of different activities and responsibilities. Please take note of the Young People First Card to ensure you understand how to safeguard young people and safeguard yourself. Young People First Card.
You can get get more than just a service record for your time:
- Young Leader Badge on completion of Module A
- Four Young Leader mission badges to supplement your Young Leader Badge.
- Service record for your Duke of Edinburgh's Award Volunteer section.
- Young Leaders belt for completing all 11 Modules
- First Aid certificate
- Modular certificates for your CV folder
Life skills, leadership skills and teamwork.
All Young Leaders must attend training and on-going training. There are 11 Modules to complete over the duration of 4 years :
- Module A - Prepare 4 Take Off
- Module B - Taking the Lead
- Module C - Thats the Way to Do It
- Module D - Kids Behaving Badly
- Module E - Game On!
- Module F - Making Scouting Accessible
- Module G - Programme Planning
- Module H - Programme Planning Plus
- Module I - What did they say?
- Module J - Awards and Badges
- Module K - First Aid Master Class
Also 4 missions one to be completed each year of your volunteering to supplement and consolidate your training and development.
- Missions - The Four Missions
Upcoming Young Leader Modules
Courses being arranged - please watch this space for updates.
Young Leader Training Weekend
Work with other Young Leaders, gain Nights Away and build new friendships.
Our training weekend is rated as an excellent way to train in a very informal atmosphere with plenty of fun and activities to suit everyones needs.
Training is delivered by experienced Leaders and will challenge your understanding. Training has been adapted to make it more accessible by all, gets everyone involved and provides resources to take away.
All Young Leader build up a training file provided at the training weekend. Open to all Young Leaders in and outside East Cleveland. If you are an Explorer Scout in East Cleveland you need to register with the ECSD Young Leader Unit and your training is provided free of charge. For all other Young Leaders there is a £20 fee to cover training resources, food and camping fees.
Date to be arranged
Hope to see you there.